A Family-Owned Law Firm Serving Northwest Louisiana
Call to Schedule a Consultation 318.995.3339
Taking the Time to Know Our Clients Developing Solutions that Meet Their Unique Goals

Frequently Asked Questions about Motor Vehicle Accidents

Helping Northwest Louisianans Fight for Fair Compensation

A serious accident can cause more than just physical harm. Having the help of experienced personal injury attorneys in Shreveport can help you fight for the compensation you need to recoup expenses for medical care, lost wages, and other damages. At Richie, Richie & Oberle, L.L.P., we represent people who have been in many types of motor vehicle accidents in Northern Louisiana. If you are in need of aggressive representation, let us guide you through the process of obtaining restitution for the irresponsible behavior of others.

Call (318) 995-3339 now or contact us online to schedule your consultation with Richie, Richie & Oberle, L.L.P.

The moments following an accident are confusing and frightening. Suddenly you are unable to live the same life as before. By having aggressive attorneys on your side, you can increase your chances of a favorable outcome. We often hear from clients who aren't sure what they should do after being in a car accident. Here are some answers to a few of the questions our clients often have.

What Should I Do After A Car Accident?

Getting into a motorcycle/car accident can be overwhelming and stressful. The shock may lead you to forget to take the necessary steps after the accident or put yourself in a situation by forgetting to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others in the car/motorcycle. Do NOT do the following after getting into accident:

  • Do not flee the scene

  • Call 911 if someone is injured

  • Maintain your calm and collected attitude

  • Document the accident (take photos, take pictures of the other driver’s license)

  • Do not admit to fault

  • Do not speak to the other drivers’ insurance without an attorney present

  • Hire a lawyer if you are planning to file a lawsuit

If you have gotten into an accident do not hesitate to contact Richie, Richie & Oberle, L.L.P. We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve for the damage to your vehicle and the injuries you may have sustained. Call us today for a consultation.

What Damages Can I Recover?

If another person was responsible for the accident, you may be able to recover damages to compensate for your medical costs and damage to your car or other property. In some cases, you may also receive damages for pain and suffering or lost wages.

What if the Accident Was Partly My Fault?

Even if you aren't sure who was at fault for an accident, you should discuss your situation with an attorney who can investigate all of the causes of the accident. Do not admit fault to the other driver. There are numerous factors that could have contributed to the accident, and it may turn out that you had little to no control over what happened.

Can I Sue for Emotional Distress?

It is not uncommon for a person to come away from the trauma of a motor vehicle accident with emotional distress. Such distress can cause a person to struggle to function in society as the lasting stress can distract them from their job, care-taking, driving and other necessary responsibilities. If you are now suffering from anxiety, fear, lack of sleep and mental health difficulty due to the impact of your accident, let us help you take legal action right away!

Call our Shreveport office at (318) 995-3339. Se habla español.

What Sets Our Firm Apart

  • Family-Owned
    Law Firm

  • Over 65 Years of
    Legal Experience

  • Goal-Oriented &
    Personal Approach